20080322

THE PASSION

Interesting movie. Incredible story. Andre Crouch, a world renown black gospel artist/pastor had his own version of "Tell Me the Story of Jesus" way back in the late 70’s, which is still very dear to my heart. One of the lines in the song goes "And no...it’s not just a story.....No... that plain and simple story....became real to me". That song is one of the many expressions of Andre’s knowledge of the reality of Jesus. The Passion Movie is Mel’s expression of the same truth. I remember the first time I saw the Passion Movie. I was indeed witnessing an execution, but not just any execution . It remains the most important event in the history of mankind. I could not speak, neither did I have a desire to speak for a long time after watching the ending. Last night I saw the movie again. It has become a traditional observance for me . Every year on Good Friday. And every time I am amazed. This time it was at my son’s house on his 47 inch flat screen with a group of ’ragamuffins’ whose lives have been impacted in various ways because of their encounter with the real Jesus; their lives also being ’metamorphasized’ because of their very present relationship with Him. As usual, the women leave when the brutal scourging scene begins. In the other room they quietly speak of what it would have been like for Mary to watch her son being abused almost to death. The guys watch the whole sordid ordeal . It was His Passion to allow them to do this. Fulfilling prophetic utterences given over thousands of years now happening to this One Man. Isaiah 53.... as a lamb led to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearer is dumb, so He opened not his mouth..... being fulfilled again before our very eyes. Psalm 22 "Eloi, Eloi lamma sabach thani ?" All being portrayed again for us on the screen. The Holy Spirit still at work. He had said ’And if I be lifted up I will draw .... to myself .... men’. For the joy that was set before Him, He endured the cross, despising the shame. You and I were the joy set before Him. You and I the pearl of great price He sold all to possess for eternity. We , the enemies of God, thru wicked works. We , the violators of God’s moral law , our very own consciences condemning us thru our thoughts and deeds during our days upon the earth . We, indeed the guilty ones before the Judgment bar of a Holy God . But Here in this, we see His love so demonstrated. While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Paying the fine due us. If we thus trust such a sacrifice as this provided by Almighty God (The Lamb), we are aquitted forever , NEVER to face His eternal wrath against sin. ....against us. He has made us free from the demands of the Law and its penalty. Provided we take Him for ourselves as our very own as the Gospel teaches we are to do. How wonderful ! Non of this would make sense , of course , except for the stone being rolled away and the very fact that He is Risen INDEED!!! HAPPY EASTER and may the knowledge of Him in the most personal of ways be yours and mine as our Savior, Lord and Friend. God Bless you .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home