20050208

Singing With the Angels ~ Angela Brogan

* check out the 'Very Encouraging Testimonies' link to the right for more stories like this * I had been praying for my brother’s salvation for sometime and finally sensed the answer was near, although he had said nothing to me about it. Most any Christian would have made the trip to Texas to be with a brother at such a time. But for some reason I didn’t consider it: instead, I went to Indiana to see my sister. Now, if you know about how God can arrange things, you wont be as surprised as I was when my brother Jack, showed up. Seems he had the inclination to visit my sister at about the same time I did.. We hadn’t planned to get together; it just happened. I don’t believe in coincidence, but I do know about providence. I was already tired from traveling, but we sat up late visiting. So, by the time I snuggled in bed, my body joyfully settled into its soft welcome. But God wouldn’t let me sleep. He asked me to go talk to my brother about his lost condition. I obeyed. I sat by his bedside; I didn’t say much, but it must have been inspired because he took the lid off his heart, and confessed how bad and unworthy he was. So, when I offered to help him pray for forgiveness and accept Jesus’ salvation, he didn’t hesitate. As he confessed that heavy baggage to Jesus, he wept bitterly, and as all his sins were released and forgiven, the glory of the Lord came over his face. And I knew he was a new creature in Christ. I left the room for a few moments to wake my sister and tell her the good news. When we got back to his bedside, he was in a deep sweet sleep, and the glory was still on his face. Such a sweet presence. My sister said, “lets’s put some coffee on.” We were so excited we couldn’t possibly sleep. It was amazing how God had bidden us together. Then He had told me in my heart that Jack was ready and even gotten me out of bed! Suddenly, right there in her kitchen, we both heard a beautiful chime, then distant angelic choir singing “hallelujah! Praise the Lord!” Singing was just how we felt, so we joined the angels in singing God’s praise for about five minutes. What marvelous joy. Jesus said, “I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents." Luke 15:10 (NIV) My brother, Jack, passed away a few years ago and it is such a comfort to know that he is in heaven, probably singing with the angels. It is these kinds of stories that bring home the importance of our testimonies to our family and neighbors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home